Black Friday is your chance to prove the crypto haters in your life wrong. If you’ve ever tried discussing blockchain technology with a naysayer before, you’ve probably heard them say something along the lines of ‘But what can I actually buy with Bitcoin?’
Arm yourself with a cryptocurrency gift card or credit card this Black Friday and convert your digital currencies into tangible, real-world items that you’ll use every day.
Prove that crypto assets are inherently valuable, and use your meme coins to secure the Black Friday deals you’ve waited for all year.
Let’s explore how you can use your cryptocurrency anywhere on Black Friday.
Why Use Crypto to Pay for Black Friday Sales?
Black Friday excitement is undeniable, promising the best deals of the year over a frantic 24-hour spending spree. What many people don’t know is that you can use cryptocurrencies like Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), and even Dogecoin (DOGE) to pay for your Black Friday shopping.
The benefits are twofold. Not only do you get to use magic internet money to make your purchases, but you also become a kind of crypto ambassador. By paying for real-life items using digital assets, you’re showing how crypto can be used in common situations and pushing blockchain mass adoption.
Think about it: every merchant that receives a crypto payment becomes more familiar with the process. They’ll see first-hand how simple and fast crypto payments can be, potentially leading to more widespread acceptance in the future.
What are the two most common ways to use cryptocurrency to buy anything this Black Friday?
Crypto Gift Cards
While it’s true that a significant number of retailers are yet to embrace native digital currency payments, there’s no need for dismay. Crypto Gift Card platforms offer an inventive way around this roadblock.
These platforms allow you to buy vouchers for a vast array of stores and online platforms using your digital assets. Once purchased, you receive a standard gift card redeemable for products just as you would with any traditional gift card.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. You see, this isn’t a Black Friday exclusive. You can leverage this method to tap into sales, discounts, and shopping opportunities all year round, making your digital assets as spendable as any fiat currency.
- Broadened Shopping Horizons – Crypto gift cards can be used in an enormous range of stores, both online and brick-and-mortar.
- It’s Simple – The process is refreshingly straightforward. Purchase a gift card with your chosen cryptocurrency and use it like any regular gift card. There’s no need for complex crypto transactions at the checkout.
- Promotes Crypto Spending – Using crypto gift cards, you actively participate in the crypto economy, encouraging its growth and adoption in everyday transactions.
- Year-Round Utility – While Black Friday might be a prime time to splurge, the beauty of these gift cards is they can be used any day of the year.
- Gift or Spend – As the name suggests, crypto gift cards also make great gifts!
- Intermediary Costs – Some platforms might charge a service fee or premium on gift card purchases made with cryptocurrency.
- Limited Retailer Selection – While the range of retailers accepting crypto gift cards is expanding, it generally caters to larger businesses. Small local shops and niche stores aren’t always supported.
- Expiration Dates – Like traditional gift cards, crypto gift cards might have expiration dates. If you don’t use them in time, they may become worthless.
- Regional Restrictions – Some gift cards might be region-specific, making them unusable in certain countries or regions. This could pose challenges for international shoppers.
- Missed Appreciation – By converting cryptocurrencies into gift cards, you’ll miss out on profits if the coin surges.
Crypto Credit Cards
Cryptocurrency exchange platforms like Binance and Coinbase offer a crypto card that converts your digital assets into fiat at the moment of purchase, meaning you can use them just like a normal card.
But crypto credit cards take things up a notch. On top of paying for your morning coffee using USDT, crypto credit cards let you earn cashback rewards paid in selected digital assets.
Like a regular card, you can take your Binance or Coinbase card and hit the shops on Black Friday. Take advantage of the savings and enjoy the extra crypto worlds while pushing cryptocurrency adoption in the real world.
- Earn Crypto Rewards – One of the most enticing features of crypto credit cards is the ability to earn rewards in digital currencies. Imagine stacking BTC or ETH with every purchase!
- Use Crypto in the ‘Real World’ – Make your Black Friday purchases using cryptocurrency to prove that these digital assets have real, tangible value.
- Push Crypto Adoption – The more retailers see crypto credit cards in store, the more it becomes clear that cryptocurrency is a common and valid asset class.
- Available 365 Days a Year – Crypto credit cards can be used every day of the year, not just for Black Friday.
- Fees – While some crypto credit cards might lure users with attractive offers, they can come with a catch in the form of high fees. Keep an eye out for lofty crypto conversion fees.
- Limited Acceptance – Crypto credit card adoption is rising but might not be accepted by smaller retailers.
- Market Volatility – Earning cashback rewards in crypto is a great freebie. Still, it’s worth keeping track of the market and converting them to fiat often to hedge against a market crash.
On the Flipside
- Crypto credit cards don’t technically pay for goods and services with crypto directly. Instead, they automatically convert your crypto to the required fiat currency for the purchase, ensuring merchants receive the currency they need to operate their business.
Why This Matters
Crypto gift cards and credit cards help us pay for our Black Friday shopping using cryptocurrency. This is an excellent way of proving digital assets’ value in the real world.
Typically, trading volume decreases on Black Friday due to fewer traders in the market. Asset prices generally don’t fluctuate more than on any other day.
Gift cards purchased with crypto can be used in some of the world’s largest retailers and platforms, including Amazon, Nike, and Netflix.