- Gasparino taunts the XRP Army as “a cult,” receiving a fiery response.
- Top lawyer John E. Deaton alleges a conflict of interest for Jay Clayton.
- XRP inks slight daily gains, continuing to trade above key support.
Fox Business journalist Charles Gasparino continues to pour cold water on XRP fans, calling the favorable Judge Torres ruling a “short-lived euphoria.” The verbal clash between the well-known media personality and members of the XRP Army took off once again when former Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Jay Clayton was accused of conflict of interest.
XRP Army Puts Gasparino in the Hot Seat
The pro-crypto lawyer John E. Deaton pointed out that Clayton initiated the SEC vs. Ripple case in his last days in office at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Soon after, Gasparino stepped in, calling the claims “ridiculous” while the XRP community was “a cult.”
The fervent discussion went on with Gasparino poking fun at one of the XRP holders, uttering: “Rumor has it this XRP bag holder borrowed the 8 bucks for his blue check mark from mom after XRP remained stuck at 50 CENTS even after the Torres ruling. sad ha!”
In response, the crypto enthusiast sarcastically fired back at Gasparino.
The FOX Business correspondent refers to the altcoin XRP and its price movement after the favorable court ruling. XRP retraced the post-decision bull run after reaching $0.82 on July 20, 2023. At press time, XRP trades at $0.5335 with a 2.8% daily increase, according to CoinGecko.
On The Flipside
- In July, Charles Gasparino unknowingly promoted a counterfeit XRP airdrop to his X audience.
- The incident riled the XRP community, prompting lawyer John E. Deaton to weigh in with legal expertise.
Why This Matters
Fiery discussions on social media generate social mentions for blockchain technology.
Discover DailyCoin’s top crypto news: