- The Weeknd’s global tour blends music & artistry into Web3.
- Binance opened The Weeknd’s Virtual Universe in June 2023.
- Souvenir NFTs are up for grabs for Binance users worldwide.
The multi-platinum Canadian Hip Hop & Rhythm ‘n’ Blues star The Weeknd has officially announced his next tour dates. The music star posted a concert flier embossed with the Binance logo in the early hours of Tuesday. Naturally, the After Hours Til Dawn world tour is expected to offer plenty of perks for crypto enthusiasts, given that the world’s leading crypto exchange is one of the three title sponsors.
The musician, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, posted the message on X, previously known as Twitter, and received nearly 10,000 likes in the first 24 hours. After Hours Til Dawn will continue in these locations:
- Suncorp Stadium on November 20th, 2023 in Brisbane, Australia.
- Accor Stadium on November 24th, 2023 in Sydney, Australia.
- Marvel Stadium on December 1st, 2023 in Auckland, New Zealand.
The full schedule is available on The Weeknd’s official website, which presents a tour of South America before the Oceanean performances. Naturally, this serves as an opportunity to join the popular R&B singer not only in a live venue, but also on the blockchain – Binance will dish out free Souvenir NFTs along with the tour dates, as well the Weeknd’s own virtual universe powered by the crypto giant.
How To Get The Weeknd’s Souvenir NFT?
In an attempt to revolutionize fan engagement, Binance started handing out free mint passes since The Weekend started his After Hours TIl Dawn global tour in Lisbon, Portugal this summer. The fusion of music & Web3 is also going full swing in The Weeknd’s Virtual Universe, launched in June to celebrate the brand-new partnership.
Accessing The Weeknd’s Metaverse Dimension is simple – fans just have to head to EnterTheDimension.com and then select one out of the three available options: solve a puzzle, play with The Weeknd’s face filter or just have a walk around the metaverse. The Weekend’s virtual playground will greet you with a treasure hunt, which could bring various prizes.
Finally, to get the Souvenir NFT digital collectible, music fans have to keep their original concert ticket handy – it will be needed on Binance’s activity page. Furthermore, the activity page on Binance lets you choose residency, while the next page will offer a large “Claim NFT” button. The Souvenir NFT can be claimed via the Binance app, by scanning the QR code received on your browser.
On the Flipside
- The eligibility for these The Weeknd x Binance Souvenir NFTs is not clear for non-US areas. For instance, one frustrated music & blockchain fan on X claimed he wasn’t eligible for a free NFT despite having an original ticket to The Weeknd’s London gig.
Why This Matters
While the NFT hype continues to fade, establishing practical use cases in real life are crucial for NFT technology survival.
Discover DailyCoin’s trending crypto news: